"Our Commitment to the Membership and the Community"
The Greater Golden Chamber of Commerce is organized to promote the commercial, industrial and civic interests of the members. The Chamber will work to promote the area. The Chamber will work to foster communications among members of the Greater Golden Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber will cultivate a spirit of cooperation within the community by maintaining effective communications with the governmental entities including city, county and state. The Chamber will encourage integrity and responsibility in the business community.
Long Term Goals
- Be a leader in planning the Greater Golden Area's future, by improving the economic, social, educational, and aesthetic asset of the community while maintaining Golden's uniqueness and small town character
- Continue to maintain the independent identity of the Greater Golden Chamber of Commerce
- Conduct programs that benefit the Chamber membership
- Maximize membership involvement within the Greater Golden Chamber
- Serve as the voice of the Greater Golden business community to governmental officials and agencies
- Market the Greater Golden business community as a premier destination
- Improve and maintain a sound financial condition for the Chamber
- Continue to provide the management services for the Golden Visitors Center
Benefits to Members
- Networking opportunities at the many Chamber functions such as Monthly Membership Chamber luncheons, Sundowners Business After Hours, Table Top Mixer, Good Morning Golden, Ribbon Cuttings, etc.
- You are listed on the Chamber web site www.goldencochamber.org.
- Have your company linked to the Chamber web page at no charge.
- List your employee needs on the popular Chamber web site at no charge to you.
- Referrals to your business from requests by phone, e-mail, or walk-ins (over 40,000 visitors annually).
- Be listed in the 2012 Golden Guide/Chamber Business Directory that is delivered to over 22,000-plus homes & businesses in a special mailing during the year.
- Your business will be listed in three sections:
a. Members by Company category (Buyer’s Guide)
b. Members by Company in alphabetical order (Membership Directory)
c. Individual contacts of Chamber members listed alphabetically
by name (Who’s Who)
- If your business revolves around tourism, your brochure will be displayed at the “Coors Brewing Company Tour Booth.” The Golden Chamber has “rights” to this booth, which brings in over 215,000 people per year, plus many other areas.
- The Chamber of Commerce assures a healthy business environment in Golden.
- Being a member of the Chamber gives you a stronger voice in the community.
- Being a member gives the Chamber the opportunity to tell others, “YES,” you are a member and in “Good Standing” with the business community!”
- Receive several discounts & benefits such as:
a. Being listed in the “Chamber Communiqué” in the Transcript newspaper, being announced as a “New Member,” also you will
receive a 50-75 word description of your business in the member-to-member mailer (due by the 10th of the current month.)
b. Chamber plaque and window decal you can proudly display.
c. One free Chamber luncheon – with coupon - ($25.00 value).
d. Bring a friend or business associate to the luncheon for $10.00 (with coupon)
e. Expanding, remodeling or opening a business?
As a Chamber member, receive free publicity for your groundbreaking or “Ribbon Cutting” ceremony. We provide you with a free set of mailing labels (one time) for you to invite your own clientele to your opening, remodeling or expanding of your business. The Chamber needs at least 2-3 weeks notice to properly advertise and promote your event.
f. Receive 15% off Chamber mailing labels – with coupon (non-member cost of labels are $100.00, members only $40.00)
- Participate in the “Chamber Bucks” program. Receive “Bucks” for your efforts in recruiting new members and acting as a mentor to your recruit.
And much, much more!